Booking Terms and ConditionsThe following terms and conditions are agreed by both the hirer (You) and the musicians to form a contract to which all parties agree to abide by when the hirer makes a booking. The sections are listed as below.
1. Weddings CeremoniesGenerally a one, to one and a half hour booking is sufficient for a ceremony only booking. Brides are often late though. If in doubt, you may like to consider adding a little extra time when you book.
2. Additional AmplificationWe do not supply any amplification, electronic or otherwise in addition to what our acoustic instruments can produce. Please consult your venue for details of amplification options.
3. Playing Space & Seating RequiredWe require approximately 3x2m (9'10"x6'7") of space to play and four armless chairs. We arrange the four armless chairs provided in a semicircle.
4. RefreshmentsLight Refreshments (i.e. sandwiches and coffee) are to be supplied for musicians for bookings of 4 hours or more. Please ensure you have made arrangements for this on the day.
5. Additional Sheet MusicIf you would like us to perform any additional pieces of music which we do not have in our current repertoire, an arrangement fee to obtain the sheet music will be chargeable. Please contact us for prices.
6. Accompanying Singer Or InstrumentalistIf you have a singer or instrumentalist of your choice who wishes to accompany us for part of your wedding or event, we will be happy to discuss this with you. They will need to fulfil certain criteria to work with us, and there may be additional fees chargeable depending on the requirements. Please contact us for more information.
7. Venue RequirementsLevel ground, suitable playing area, protection from high winds, adequate lighting and four chairs without arms are necessary for us to perform. It is the responsibility of the hirer (you) to ensure these requirements are met prior to our arrival at your venue(s).
8. Vehicle Breakdown, Traffic And IllnessIf for any reason (including vehicle breakdown, traffic or illness) we have to cancel the performance prior to, or on the day of your event, you will receive a full refund of any monies you have paid. You agree this will be the limit of any financial (or other) responsibilities we have to compensate you.
9. Incomplete Quartet/ EnsembleIf for any reason not all the musicians or equipment arrives at your venue, we may offer to perform with a reduced quartet/ ensemble. If you agree to a reduced quartet/ ensemble the compensation due to you will be limited to the fee(s) of the musician(s) not present, or the musician(s) fee(s) that are unable to perform due to lack of equipment. This fee will only be payable to you if you have paid it to us already. If you have not yet paid the musicians fees it will simply be knocked off the final balance payable. You agree this will be the limit of any financial responsibilities we have to compensate you.
10. Outside PerformanceIf requested we would be delighted to perform outside. The British weather however presents its own unique set of challenges at all times of the year. Being a professional quartet/ ensemble we perform using expensive instruments which can have a combined value of £100,000 or more. The instruments, sheet music, stands and musicians must be protected from wind, UV rays (Sun) and rain, making outside cover almost certainly required. A marquee, awning, large umbrella, extended canopy or the inside of a doorway are acceptable. The decision whether to perform outside will be made by the musicians at the time of performance and you agree that their decision will be final. Performances may be moved indoors due to weather conditions. We do not supply cover of any kind. Supplying cover is the responsibility of the hirer.
11. Balance PaymentYour balance payment is to be made by bank transfer to one of our players bank accounts 14 days prior to the performance date. Please contact us and we shall supply you with one of our players bank details. We do not accept cash, cheques, PayPal or card payments of any type as balance payment. Failure to have correctly paid your balance will leave us unable to perform and will also leave you liable to the full balance payment and any costs incurred to recover our fees.
12. Delayed Start - Not Due To Quartet/ Ensemble
Should we arrive on time and be ready to start at the agreed start time, but due to the hirer, hirer’s guests, hirer’s service providers or any other reason not down to us, our quartet/ ensemble is unable to start performing, the start time which was agreed prior to arrival at the venue will go ahead as planned anyway. This does not necessarily mean that we are performing music, but the total hired time clock has started ticking at the originally agreed time. This means as far as the original booking is concerned that we will not carry on beyond the agreed finish time if we are in place ready to start and “others” are not. “Others” can be described (but not limited to) as the hirer, guests, any person in the building, suppliers, companies, organisations or events linked, or not linked to your event, that has caused delay to the start to the originally agreed booking start time.
The hirer may wish to extend their booking time to cover any additional booking time required due to delay. Please read section 15 (Changes To Total Time Hired) for more information on time extensions to your booking.
13. Late Arrival At First Or Second VenuesIf we arrive later than the start time that was originally agreed at the first venue, we will endeavour to perform beyond the originally agreed finish time until the original booking duration is fulfilled to compensate for late arrival. On occasion due to previously arranged further commitments we may be unable to stay beyond the originally booked finish time. If your booking is a multiple venue (more than one place of performance), which involves the musician(s) travelling between venues, please be aware travelling time may vary on the day to that predicted. This could be due to a wide range of factors beyond our control. We take all reasonable measures to get to the venue on time. However, under no circumstances will we compensate you due to the delayed start of a performance at any additional venue beyond the first.
14. Hired Time, Required BreaksFor all our performances the booking time duration and fees quoted on your booking confirmation email is for the total time hired. This is not the total playing time. We generally take a 10 minute break per hour during a function of 2 hours or more. We are happy to coordinate our breaks with your function's itinerary, so please let us know when speeches are likely to occur for example. In a wedding ceremony booking breaks for the musicians are built in to the service. The musicians will stay in position throughout the ceremony. Should you wish to extend or reduce the total time hired at a later point beyond what was agreed in the original booking, please read section 15 (Changes To Total Time Hired) for more information.
15. Changes To Total Time Hired (Extension or Reduction)
A time extension to your original booking means you are increasing the total time hired. This is not necessarily actual performance time. This includes (but is not limited to) any addition hired time requested by the hirer for practice, sound checks, run through, delayed start, or any other kind of time extension request made in addition to the original agreed hired time. Time extensions to your booking which are requested after the original date you booked will be subject to an additional fee. Fees will be quoted to you upon request. The fees to extend the total hired time will be higher than that of the set time periods quoted when you originally booked. If the new increased hired time period fee is higher than what the hirer wants to pay, both parties agree to abide by the original hired time and fees. Please note that extra hired time that is requested on the day of performance is charged at a minimum rate of half an hour (no less). We reserve the right to increase our time extension fees at any time.
A request for a reduction in total hired time may be subject to a reduction in fees. If there is a reduction in fees applicable (which is not always the case) the fee reduction will be quoted to the hirer at the time of request. If the new reduced booking time period fees are not acceptable to you, both parties agree to abide by the original booking period and fees. Please also read section 19 for important notes regarding changes to total time hired.
16. Changes To Quartet/ Ensemble SizeChanges of quartet/ ensemble size that would attract an additional fee are (but are not limited to) a reduction or increase in quartet/ ensemble size from that which was originally agreed. Fees will be quoted to you upon request. If the new quartet/ ensemble size fee is higher than what the hirer wants to pay, both parties agree to abide by the original hired quartet/ ensemble size. Please also read section 19 for important notes regarding changes to quartet/ ensemble size.
17. Changes To Venue(s)Changes to the originally agreed venue(s) that would attract an additional fee are (but are not limited to) a change to multiple additional venues or a change of the original single venue. Fees will be quoted to you upon request. If the fee to change the originally agreed venue(s) is higher than what the hirer wants to pay, both parties agree to abide by the originally booked venue(s). Please also read section 19 for important notes regarding changes to performance venue.
18. Changes To Performance DateChanges to the originally agreed performance date will be looked at upon request. If we have the new date that you have requested free in our diary, as long as there is no duration or other changes, we will move to your new date at no additional cost. If we cannot move your booking from the originally agreed date to the new requested date due to commitments of any kind, your booking will have to be cancelled. Your deposit and any other monies taken by us will not be refunded. Please remember if there is also a requested performance venue change, the venue change rules as explained in section 17 will also apply. Please also read section 19 for important notes regarding changes to performance date.
19. Important Notes On Changes In Sections 15, 16, 17 & 18It may not be possible to change the total time hired, change the quartet/ ensemble size, change the venue, or change the performance date. Although we will endeavour to accommodate any request for alteration to what was originally booked, due to other commitments made since you originally booked we may be limited in our flexibility outside of the originally agreed booking times. If it is not possible to alter what was originally booked, both parties agree to abide by what was originally booked, or, your booking is cancelled and your deposit and any other monies taken by us will not be refunded.
20. Deposits Paid & Cancellation Of Booking By The HirerThe deposit you pay to secure your booking is non-refundable. If you cancel your booking at any time, for any reason, your deposit will not be refunded. If you cancel your booking within 1 month prior of the performance date, you will also be liable to compensate the musicians at the rate to which you had agreed the booking (in other words the full balance remaining payable).
21. Additional Rehearsals And Meet Ups
We do not normally attend any additional rehearsal or meet ups prior to performance at weddings or events. Having played at hundreds of weddings and events, this is not normally necessary. Our experience and flexibility mean that we will be in step with what is happening during your wedding or event. For wedding ceremonies we are skilled in timing the processional music to the right length. A member of the quartet/ ensemble will discuss preferences and details regarding the performance with you by phone or email in the weeks leading up to your wedding or event. On the day for a wedding ceremony for example, we liaise with the Registrar or Vicar for cues.
If you absolutely require attendance and/or advice at a rehearsal or meet up, we will quote you an additional fee (minimum fee of £150 for up to 2 hours) plus travel costs for a consultation at an agreed place of meeting. This is dependent upon the availability of one of our players, or representatives, to attend on the requested day. It will be one person only and not the full quartet/ ensemble. This meeting is to give advice and discuss the performance only, and will not consist of any performance. If due to unforeseen circumstances on the day of meet up we arrive late or have to cancel the meet up for any other reason, our financial liability is limited only to a refund of any fees already paid to us by the hirer for the meet up.
22. Quartet, Quartet Musicians, Ensemble Definition & Responsibilities
You agree as the hirer that the musicians performing on the day of your event are directly hired and paid for by you on an individual basis, having come together to perform for your event under the name of the booked ensemble. They are the principle service provider of the music services you have hired. The “balance payable” on your booking confirmation is the musician’s fees and is directly payable to them. The musicians have come together for your event in line with the terms and conditions written here. The “deposit” on the booking confirmation is payable to Michael Francis Cunningham t/a Premier Musicians to arrange the booking and ensure the music selection advertised on the website is available to you for your event. All photographs and videos of our musicians are for example purposes only. The actual musicians who perform at your event may differ from those shown.We cannot take requests for musicians in certain photos or videos to be present in the ensemble for your event. The musicians that perform for your event are given work based upon a high level of playing skill only and the availability of all our musicians changes throughout the year. We cannot discriminate against musicians performing at your event on the basis of sex, age, race or religion.
23. Data Protection & Privacy (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) specify that we must advise you of our policy on any data that we hold relating to you. The data you have sent us on the booking form is shared between Michael Francis Cunningham and any person involved with organising or performing the services you have requested so that they can carry out their work as required for your booking.
To be clear with you. We do not share, sell or market any of your data with any 3rd parties whatsoever. Nobody! All data supplied to us by you is kept securely in our email facility and electronically filed as a booking form. Both our email facility and files are password protected, as is our computer. Part of the GDPR is your right to view the data an organisation holds in relation to you. Upon your request to view your data, when approved, you will be sent an email with the all the data that we hold on you.
Last revison date 05.05.18